Monday, July 7, 2008

DIM! (Did It Myself!)

Hey everyone!
It's been really hot lately and I've been aching for some new shorts.
So, I looked in my closet for some denim that I could mangle - and found some hideous beaded capri pants that my mom's friend gave me last year. Inspired, I turned them into shorts! Not the most original idea, I admit, but the beads give them a bit of flair. :) I've also cut another pair of pants into bermudas and they frayed beautifully in the wash, but I want to distress them some more before I wear them out.




T-shirt dress: Le Chateau
Shorts: made by me! (original pants from who knows where)
Sunglasses: Le Chateau


Also, I have to say, I usually think Amy Winehouse's clothing choices are absolutely hideous, but in a recent show she turned up in this:


Picture: PerezHilton.com

... and I love it!
Honestly, I would snatch this dress up in a second.
The pairing of the two animal prints is genius, and grey and yellow mix so well!
Great job Winehouse stylists!

13 comments:

Human Racing said...

Love the graphic tee! I like Amy's dress, but her bobble head-ness is very distracting...

thetinylittlegirl said...

love your tee and your new shorts ;-) everyone in blog land seems to be making cut offs lately!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I tend to like Winehouse's clothing, it's the hair and makeup I have trouble getting past!

Hannah Bee said...

Really nice shorts. The beading makes them more original!

Molly :] said...

I love chopping up things into shorts. :)

Guirec Munier said...

U r a fashion addict ! If u want, I invite u to come to see some of the most beautiful heels, dresses and bags of the Paris fashion week !

See u !

*~The World is My Catwalk~* said...

I've been hunting for the perfect old jeans to chop into shorts... I love your shirt!!!!

Love the beading!!

Lucy said...

winehouse generally tends to do pretty well when she actually gets dressed, it's the candids that are trashy. and the hair. always.

NewYorkChique said...

i love your tee shirt!
and good job on the shorts
haha and although amy winehous does have a nice dress on, i think her stylist still need to work on her hair and makeup, haha

Pamela Tan said...

well the pants turned out great as shorts! :)

i really cant look at amy, even her shadow.. she scares me!

Couture Carrie said...

Great job! And I impressed with Amy W's choice there, too!

nv said...

i like your tee, so cute. the shorts are cool, love the beading

NewYorkChique said...

oh btw i tagged you on my post =]